Your New Company
- Due to growth this established service business is looking for a Legal Cashier to join a busy office. The chosen candidate will assist in the smooth running of the practice by attending to the various financial transactions arising from the work of the firm and its internal operation.
Your New Role
- To process and record all financial transactions in accordance with the Solicitors Accounts Rules (SARs) and the firm’s internal policies, including but not limited to; processing and recording electronic payments in and out of the firm’s bank accounts, logging and banking incoming cheques, issuing cheques, petty cash and bank transfers, billing and cost transfers and assisting with credit control.
- To conduct reconciliations of bank, petty cash accounts and client ledgers in accordance with the SARs.
- Regular/ad hoc financial management reporting where appropriate.
- Undertake training when required and have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Attendance at group meetings when required.
- To handle matters in accordance with procedures outlined in the Office Manual and Employee handbook and to produce a high standard of work.
- Gain and maintain IT and telephony skills appropriate to modern legal practice; specifically the systems and facilities used by the firm.
Skills & attitude
- In tune with the firm’s mission statement and core values and committed to demonstrating and developing these values.
- Effective communicator with clients, visitors and colleagues by telephone, face to face and in writing.
- Carry out a range of tasks in an organised, timely and conscientious way.
- A team player with a positive and cheerful attitude.
Experience & education
- Trained in the principles of bookkeeping and preferably with sound experience in legal cashiering and legal accounts management as per responsibilities defined above.
- Good degree of education; formal accounts qualification desirable.
- IT skills are an essential requirement particularly MS Excel & Outlook.
- Report to and be supported by the Head of Accounts.
As a financial recruitment specialist I enjoy working on a professional and personal level with both my clients and candidates and will strive to find and match the best opportunities for them, even if this role does not fit your criteria please do not hesitate to contact Mike Otter for future roles and opportunities on 07738 183 859.